From East to the Barbican is inviting artists of all ages to submit proposals for digital artworks that respond to the project in the following ways:
- Works that reflect on themes explored in the programme of works, including different social histories of migration, urban development/housing and communities, the personal and the public
- Works that utilize and reflect on use of online platforms, social media and the “digital” and notions of speed, immediacy and proximity
- Works may utilize formats including video, audio, photographic, art writing
Who we are looking for
- Artists interested to engage with From East to the Barbican and creatively respond with making new work.
- Artists who have works-in-progress that may fit the call out specifications.
- Artists who agree to sign a non-exclusive licence to allow the work to be presented and shared publicly and via Something Human websites and promotional material.
- The call is also open to international artists working on digital media or/and art writing.
What the call offers
- An opportunity to present your work at the Barbican Centre and internationally via the From East to Barbican website.
- An opportunity to experiment with your practice to engage with a programme of live art interventions addressing notions of public spaces, intimacy, migration, digital environments and social changes.
- An artist honorarium fee for successful applicants.
Please send your proposal (max 300 words), CV, artist statement and portfolio to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 14th August 2015 at noon
For more enquiry contact: firstname.lastname@example.org